Τρίτη 1 Φεβρουαρίου 2022

Making small talk

 Are you shy or outgoing when you meet new /or not-so-new people? Do you like to make small talk?  

Where do you usually have the chance to do so? (in the office kitchen/ at the reception area/at the park/ on the way to work/ waiting in line/ ?) 

What is your pet subject for small talk?

Use the following expressions and take it in turn to strike a conversation with a different partner:

How do you like this weather? 

Are you enjoying this class?Did you hear about__________?

How long have you been waiting (for the elevator/ the train/ the class to begin, etc)

My Bucket list


Do you have a bucket list? What are 3 items in it?

Let's watch a guide on how to set one.


What are the steps?
What's a good piece of advice you heard from Vanessa?

  • He's worked at the company since 2009.
  • He's been working at our company since 2009.
  • They've been waiting for hours! (This emphasises the length of time).
  • They've waited for 3 hours. (This emphasises the amount of time).
  • I've been reading the book you recommended. (I'm enjoying it, but I'm not finished).
  • I've read the book you recommended. (I've finished it, so we can talk about it).
  • She's been running a lot recently. (She doesn't usually do this).
  • Usually, I study at home, but I've been studying in the library for the last week.
  • I've been eating dinner, so there are plates all over the table.
  • I've eaten dinner, so let's go out.
Let's Kahoot!
https://kahoot.it?pin=9824873

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου